Milano was good to me. And by that I mean, Cristina's family was great!
Really, I mean it Cristina, they were so good. Granted, I don't speak very well, and there are culture differences, so I wouldn't say I was the most comfortable I've ever been, but they took good care of me (and prepared me better for living with my host family here in Siena).
I was also very glad to be with people. After having tackled Rome alone, I was more than ready to have someone to talk to. Many thanks to Cristina and her family!
Forgive me, I may spell the names of some of these places wrong (or not remember their names correctly, I didn't really write anything down...can't blame me too much, my mind's been in overdrive since I got here).
Sant'Amrogio
-a nice little (can I say little? maybe that's only in comparison!) church, the first one Cristina's dad took me to see. I liked it. I actually enjoyed the brick (I think it was red brick) very much.
Cannot remember the name of this place. Right next to the Duomo.
Dad, they were playing Pachebel's Canon in D. I thought of you; it made me smile.
Neal, it's a castle!! A real one; just for you.
I always love the contrast between the old and the modern. Strange to me.
Neal, it's the moat, I think. Or was, once upon a time.
I must say, the Duomo is beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. I can't get over how much detail is everywhere. I was glad I took the stairs up, to walk around up higher. Very cool view. Highly recommend it if anyone goes!
Not the greatest picture, but the stained glass is very pretty as well. And the inside of this church is massive!
Detail everywhere. Look at all the little spires, carvings, statues, etc! The pink marble is great.
Chiesa di Bernardino delle Ossa (or something along those lines, I'm going to be really sad that I didn't write these down when I was there. I may have to do some research when I get back).
Oh yes, those are real skulls and bones. Interesting, no? That was an unforgettable room, all walls covered with those.
Chiaravalle. Beautiful. Quite tranquil.
I must say though, five days without internet was killing me!! Separate me from all things familiar and you get quite the stressed-out Janene. Missed communication with my loved ones, missed it a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment