Friends from language classes at Societa' Dante Alighieri.
It was Chantal's last day, unfortunately. Now she's back in Scotland for school. This is a little corner of Osteria del Gatto, where I'm "working". Good food, good laughs, good times.
(Jenny, Tom, Ulrika, Chantal)
Cooking class at Dante Alighieri!
This particular night (Thursday) was so much fun! Only five students, me and the chef, Luisa. Much less stressful than the night before with 20 some-odd students. I actually got to participate in cooking the different dishes, and it was relaxed enough that I could get some pictures too. Take note: you can't really see it, but I have an official apron now, black with a little green-white-red striped ribbon down the side. It's 'cause I'm awesome.
The students ask me questions all the time, "do I add this now? is this cut right? why do I use this? can I find this in the US? how long do I let this cook?" and I have to do my best to answer, with next to no extra knowledge on these recipes. It's like I'm supposed to know what I'm doing or something...
rolling out dough for ravioli
Mom, those little plastic bags are not just for frosting anymore. We're making ravioli when I get back, be prepared! This is Luisa. She's my favorite chef so far. She calls all her students her "bambini"; we're her "babies" for the night.
the finished product, on my plate, for "cena"
Oh yeah, this is ravioli burro e salvia. In other words, ravioli (with spinach-ness inside) in butter and sage. That fresh sage flavor is my new favorite. Oh so good!!
toasted bread with a mixture of three soft cheeses spead on top, toasted again in the oven, with fresh sliced pear, a little freshly-ground pepper, and honey (miele) to top it off
Osteria del Gatto again; this was actually our first time eating there. It was starting to rain like crazy, so the five of us were relieved to get inside the restaurant. Unfortunately, the rest of our party was an hour late. Great! I felt so bad for the restaurant, I felt responsible somehow.
This was our farewell dinner for Alena. I'm sad she's gone. But she said, if I ever go to Munich we'll get together. What do you think Ryan? Let's make a trip to Germany! Jasen and Dad, you might want to come too, it'll be epic. ;)
(me, Benno, Martina, Jenny, and Kelli was taking the picture)
standing around outside afterwards, saying our goodbyes to Alena
Kelli, my roommate, and Alena
It was raining SO hard. So hard it was funny even. The streets were little rivers. Kelli and I were soaked through and through from the knees down by the time we got home. We started jumping in the puddles just because it wouldn't make a difference in how wet we were. And I may or may not have been "singing in the rain", hehe!
No comments:
Post a Comment