Wednesday, October 13, 2010

pit stop in Pisa


what with train rides to and from Cinque Terre, we couldn't help but make a small stop in Pisa on our return trip. had to see the tower, we're in Italy after all. i've liked many other cities better than Pisa, but it was fun to see this famous icon in real life. strange how a mistake can become so widely-known and admired, eh?

piazza dei miracoli
la torre pendente di Pisa - the leaning tower of Pisa
the bell tower of the cathedral (di Santa Maria Assunta)
maybe it's just me, or just this photo, but the tower makes everything else seem to be a bit tipsy as well. don't look at it too long...



it's not super elaborate, I like it

.
it's me! or rather it is I! and I am at the piazza dei miracoli, in front of the leaning tower of Pisa, for real. does it get much cooler than that? let me venture to say, 'no, not much'.



just look at how far this tower has leaned! just look! it's only slightly crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment