I found out Osteria del Gatto has a facebook page. Hehe, how awesome is that?! Anywho, the special event right now is fish. Everything fish!
And so, that's what I've been experiencing this past week.
First of all, this is the extent of the kitchen. I'm at the back wall. You get more than one person in there and it's full, so when Federico, Marco, Fabrizio or Tommaso, and I are all there... close quarters indeed.


I trimmed the spiny little sides off these crustacean guys with scissors :)

it seemed like every morning there were a few more different kinds of fish.

this is the same guy as above, only after Fabrizio cut him into steaks
these kept staring at me.

then one of them moved.

it was the wrong move.
now he is no more.

So, let it be known that I do like fish. BUT, goodness, the smell when I arrived in the mornings was always a bit much! And here these fish are in their full forms, yay. And the ways they fix them? Uh, sometimes not exactly what I would have been excited to recieve on a plate, but probably 'cause I'm just not used to it. What I've tried has been great. Example: shrimp, raw, with an orange juice sauce on top. I didn't want to, but Tommaso 'made' me try it. It was so different!! They've got to be a different kind of shrimp than I've ever had in the U.S. Texture was not what I expected at all, it basically melted in my mouth and it was sweet. Mmm...
But sorry Ryan, these dishes I don't think I'll be replicating ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment